Gregory Heating and Plumbing specialise in conducting routine maintenance on all kinds of Central Heating Systems. Regular servicing of both Vented and Unvented Systems can prevent avoidable breakdowns and help maximise a systems operating efficiently.
CENTRAL HEATING SYSTEM SERVICES PROVIDED
Whether you possess a more conventional Vented System or a mains pressure Unvented Hot Water Cylinder, regular maintenance is vital for both efficient running and home owner safety. Any service will include checks of all main components, from cleaning Loft Storage Tanks to inspecting Discharge Safety Valves.
VENTED CENTRAL HEATING SYSTEMS
Vented Systems should have a 12 month annual inspection, and as a rule we will conduct the following checks as a minimum:
- Control Valves – Make sure that all close tightly and operate smoothly. Repair and renew where necessary.
- Loft Storage Tanks – Checked for cleanliness and stagnation. Check overflow pipes for any blockages and correct fall – Make sure insulation is adequate and intact.
- Float operated Valves – Check operation and shut off. Adjust for correct water level.
- Pipework – Check for signs of leakage or corrosion. Tighten loose fittings and components.
- Thermostats – Make sure all cut offs are working to specification. Check that cylinder temperature and temperature at terminal fittings conforms to regulations.
UNVENTED HOT WATER SYSTEMS
Unvented Pressurised Systems also share some of the above, but in particular Unvented Hot Water Cylinders require a number of 12 month annual safety checks. It is best that these checks coincide with an annual boiler service, which is something that we can help you synchronise. The list below is not exhaustive, but identifies the main items that must be checked regularly to maintain household safety.
- Thorough manual check of all Safety Discharge Valves; to be renewed if required.
- Full check of expansion vessel, incoming mains pressure and occupiers outlet pressure.
DURATION, PRICES AND PAYMENT
Service duration and costs are as follows:
- Full Vented or Unvented System annual Service will last 2-3 hours and cost from £120.
- Unvented Hot Water Cylinder only will last about 1 hour and cost £60 for a full safety check.
- Unvented Hot Water Cylinder and Boiler combined will take about 2 hours and cost £90.
Cash, cheque and BACS Transfer are all accepted and a written invoice can be supplied on request.
Please use any of the following to get in touch.
REQUEST SERVICES PHONE: 07557 414615 or 07557 282797